Poprzedni temat «» Następny temat
Boost algorithm for your "loot" process
Autor Wiadomość
4Rsercom 

Serwer: Mars
Klasa: Sword Fs
lvl: 41-50
Wysłany: 2018-05-11, 09:24   Boost algorithm for your "loot" process

I have heard about the rumours which items that drop from mobs will only stay for 30 seconds instead of the normal 180 seconds (or somewhere around that I am unsure). What's really funny about this is that people are saying that Maplestory Mesos was the remedy to the massive "loot lag". Alright, okay. So supposing the standard duration was 180s, and assuming for that length you always kill mobs in the same pace, the max amount of items on the earth will be reduced to 30/180=1/6. Does this help in any way?

I honestly don't agree. It can depend on your hardware and network however.Regardless of if this so-called solution fixes the loot lag, everyone should agree that this really is THE normal Nexon-approach of repairing problems: fix the issue on the face, split every related AND unrelated elements in match while significantly nerfing game encounter.

Think of what they do when they nerf training maps since it was too hot, instead of buffing other unpopular/outdated maps so people can spread while not needing their exp gain speed reduced, and then reduce the exp necessary to reach to Lv200 since it's too difficult to par along with all the channels nerfed. Really? Here is the most dumb approach of each issue. Obviously balancing every maps from the game is impractical and impossible, so one map will probably always be better than others. Obviously Nexon will subsequently nerf that map. Infinite loop of stupidity?

Back to the subject. Assuming from gamers' experiences which you lag once you pick up items while there are a lot of items on the ground in the entire map, so I can only state that Nexon programmers just can't be bothered to really write some decent code, and just concentrate on adding more broken buggy contents.

Alright back to the topic again. Assuming from Maplestory items players' experiences that you lag once you pick up items while there are a whole lot of items on the ground in the entire map, I guess the looting algorithm is the most basic one which everyone can consider: "yea just loop through all the items at the map and then do a wreck detection with the pet, and if it collides, while still inside the loop send a request packet to the waiter that the pet is trying to pick up ONE thing".

Odpowiedz do tematu